Follow Me:

Thursday, May 5, 2016

KIMONO

May is finally here!  I hope you are as excited as I am. The spring has truly been good to me.  Despite the unpredictable weather, I have been traveling like crazy and attending so many fashion events that I can hardly keep up with myself these days.  Due to my busy schedule, I unknowingly adopted a look that has become a uniform for me.  To adapt to the weather changes, I needed something that I could take on and off; while remaining comfortable and trendy.  What am I talking about? Well let me tell you.

In the past month I have purchased over five Kimono or "Duster" as some like to call it.  Ladies you have no idea how this lightweight cover-up can turn your worst look into something whimsical.  Not to mention keep you warm during those cool spring nights.  I prefer printed kimonos as it can take something like a pair of denim shorts and cami and turn it into bohemian chic. Kimonos use to serve solely as a cover-up for swimwear, but that has since change.  It is perfect over dresses, jumpsuits, and skirts.  You can practically pair anything with a kimono.  I dare you to try this.  If you're home lounging around one day in a pair of leggings and a cami; throw on your favorite kimono and watch how fabulous you will feel.  I do it all the time. It makes me feel like a plus size cast member on Sex and the City. BOOM!

Kimonos are a big hit this season.  This is truly a must have.  For those who are self conscious about their midsection, don't worry! It serves perfect for concealing those areas. Click HERE for some of my favorite Kimonos that Forever 21 has.  I purchased those ones modeled below from Rainbow and Forever 21.  Check it out!








Kimono: Rainbow | Kimono II: Forever 21 | Shoes: UrbanOG

Photography By: Omar

Lashes By: Vivian Henson

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR

2 comments:

  1. Now you know I loooove Dusters. Love how you can dress it up or down.

    ReplyDelete