Follow Me:

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Love You


I decided to take a different approach to Valentine’s Day this year and dress it up!  Sometimes we down play “man made” holidays, but I think it’s always fun and exciting to have a reason to get dressed up and go out.  Each year, Valentine's Day is always that holiday that becomes stressful to some.  If you’re married or in a relationship, you may be wondering if your man would coincidentally act up right before this day to avoid getting a gift.  If you're single, your stressing or wondering if you would have a date for the night or if someone will at least think enough of you to surprise you with some chocolates and roses.  Trust me, I've been there and I am here to say; don't do it to yourself this year.

LOVE has always been that sensitive word or should I say feeling. It's something that we yearn for and desire as humans.  Valentine's Day seem to add even more pressure to the word for some ironic reason.  Are we really that vulnerable?  This year, I decided to do something that has carried over from previous years.  Loving me more and more each day has become a priority! While I appreciate these "man made" holidays, Valentine's Day is one that I decided to have a little fun with. Instead of focusing on a date or who would buy me some supermarket roses (just to say I have a Valentine), I decided to get sexy for the only person who could love me unconditionally; ME.  As vain or egotistical as that may sound, self-love is truly the best love.  Relationships have become way too stressful, and well finding love isn't always as easy as it may seem.  For me, I'm loved daily by family, friends, and even my followers and I count my blessings for that.  I decided to be unselfish and instead of worrying about what I could get on Valentine's Day, I wanted to continue to be thankful for the love that I already receive.  

So, for the next 7 days, let us celebrate L O V E.  Not the kind that is displayed just on one day, but the kind of love that is shown daily; on a consistent basis.  Let us cherish those who love us, instead of focusing on what someone does for you on one day. Besides, the chance to love and be loved exists no matter where you are.  Some people search their whole lives to find what you already have around you or in you.  I mean, being someone's love may be great, but being your own is beyond perfect.  


P.S. I  L O V E  Y O U.......





Dress: Giti

Photography By: Rhayna C Photography

Make-up By: Ari

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR

No comments:

Post a Comment