Follow Me:

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

ART

This past weekend was full of excitement. I attended two amazing events that I must share with you guys. The first event I attended was the "Teach Me To Grow" Conference by Married to Medicine TV star Lisa Nicole Cloud. It took place at the Twelve Hotel in Atlanta. You can read the full story about this event at NSTYLEATLANTA.com.  I also had an opportunity to attend Wet Paint Atl; an art show that a close family friend Michael Johnson was a part of at Gallery LI.  This was my first time ever attending an art show. I really didn't know what to expect so I invited a few friends to tag along with me.  It was a remarkable event!

The atmosphere was intimate, yet fun.  Everyone was super friendly and bubbly.  I met some really cool photographers and artist. Michael Johnson, one of the featured artists at this event  scored big with his art pieces. He creates abstract wood paintings out of broken vinyl records.  Yes VINYL!  How he does it, I have no clue?  Let's just say he is super talented and sold almost all his pieces that night.  I currently own two paintings that Michael done for me a while back.  His art pieces has really taken off, so he's a little hard to keep up with these days.  Nonetheless, his work speaks for itself so the wait is definitely worth it.  Check out some of his featured paintings from the show. You can also find him HERE!  You can contact him directly if you're looking to purchase some of his pieces. With father's day vastly approaching, it will make for the perfect gift. Tell him SHETHORO sent you!
       




I wasn't quite sure what to wear to an art show so I kept it
super basic with my Fashion To Figure black dress! 









Dress: Fashion To Figure | Shoes: UrbanOG


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to add the name of the artshow in the article? If so I'd greatly appreciate it. WetPaintATL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way to add the name of the artshow in the article? If so I'd greatly appreciate it. WetPaintATL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We appreciate your attendance and love that you enjoyed the WetPaintAtl experience! Looking forward to seeing you again at our next event. :-)
    Cassaundra "Sauni" Lenoir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me Cassaundra. It's was truly amazing. Next time email me so I can blog the whole event. Thanks

      Delete