Follow Me:

Thursday, May 26, 2016

BAD BOY

Where do I begin? This past weekend I went to New York for the Bad Boy reunion concert.  All I can say is Amazing! If you follow me on Facebook or Snapchat, I gave play by play footage of my night.  This concert was really everything and more. I grew up to this music, and never imagined experiencing some of Hip Hop and R&B's most talented artist all in one night.

The show took place at the Barclays in Brooklyn New York.  I went to the Saturday May 21st show, which was the same night as the late Notorious B.I.G. birthday. The night kicked off with an old video of Diddy doing an interview, followed by a performance of the hit single, "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down." feat Mase. The night was filled with surprises; with performances from Faith Evans, 112, Black Rob, Lil Kim, The Lox, Mario Winans, Total, French Montana, and Mary J Blige. There were guest appearances by rappers Fabolous and Desiigner.  I literally danced and sang all night. 

Concerts are always exciting and fun for me.  I started preparing for it like two months in advance.  I knew it was on Biggie's birthday, so I wanted to wear something to commemorate the late legend.  I owned a Biggie t-shirt in the past, but I wanted something different and special.  I started looking online to find a t-shirt. I didn't want just any shirt, but one that truly represented the legend birth and my style all at the same time. I went to stores like Vinnies (Brooklyn based), Karmaloop, and other urban channels that typically carry hip hop shirts. I didn't have any luck on those sites. I don't know what made me check on JC Penny website, but I was glad I did. To my surprise, I found a black and gold Biggie t-shirt.  The t-shirt was a picture of him as a baby wearing a gold chain and crown.  I love gold accessories, so this shirt was perfect. I decided to rock the shirt with a pair of faded black forever 21 jeans that I had cut.  I set my look off with my black and gold open toe booties and my faux leather jacket with the spikes on the shoulder.  I couldn't be more satisfied with my look.  I received so many compliments and out of all the people at the Barclays rocking Biggie t-shirts, I didn't see anyone with one like mine.  The shirt only cost me $11.99.  How cool was that!

This concert was everything and more.  Accompanied by my close cousins, this was by far the best concert I have ever gone to.  I met some amazing people there and even bumped into my old neighbors from South Carolina; The Rocks! The concert will be coming to a city near you.  Please check it out. Tour dates are listed below along with pictures from this incredible night!












T-Shirt: JC Penny | Jeans: Forever 21 | Shoes: K&G

Photography By: Richard Woumn

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR

1 comment:

  1. #shethoro
    Turning 30 was big milestone for me. I love this post because with the many roles we play as women, its easy to lose self. It is so important that even being, Mommy, girlfriend, wife and friend that we dont forget to be SEXY! One of my many favorite blogs :) ~Jazz

    ReplyDelete