Follow Me:

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

CROCHET

This holiday season, I wanted to bring back a classic look that we all know so well.  Crochet has been around for centuries. I'm sure you remember your grandmother making little blankets and hats for you growing up.  Even as a teenager, I remember getting a hat for Christmas that my grandmother would make that I would never wear.  That has since change and crochet has regain its popularity; being sold in stores all over the world.  I came across a scarf one day in H&M that looked similar to the one my grandmother use to make.  They wanted $20 bucks for the scarf.  I chuckled to myself and realized in that moment that fashion only repeats itself. Sometimes at a pretty penny!

A friend of mine name Andrea Steward crochets some of the most amazing pieces. From adorable baby booties to warm and fuzzy scarves, she has been fulfilling her passion for over four years.  Having the ability to interlock yarn and threads to create clothes with a hook is fascinating to me.  I could not wait to model a few of her pieces.  Check her out if you are looking for handmade pieces for not only the holidays, but any occasion. To see some of her latest work and/or place orders, click here I Wanna Crochet.







Jacket: Forever 21 | Shirt: Old Navy | Jeans: Old Navy | Timberland: G. Sneaker Choice 

Scarf:  I Wanna Crochet

Photography By: Richard Woumn

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR

No comments:

Post a Comment