Follow Me:

Monday, September 28, 2015

MARLEI'S ROOM

Style not only lies in the clothes you wear, but in your home as well. From accent colors to funky throw pillows, making a style statement in your home is essential.  I've always enjoyed decorating homes; bedrooms being my favorite.  My bestee MelissaChanel laugh at me still to this day because I change my curtains according to the season and iron them before putting them up.  I know I'm a bit old fashion but you will never wear a wrinkle dress to a holiday party; so what make curtains any different? Nonetheless, I spent this weekend doing just that. Ironing curtains and transforming my daughters' room into something magical.

Not sure how it happened, but my snuggly little girl is not so little anymore. She's become fiercely independent and has slowly outgrown her sweet little nursery.  The thud in the night from her jumping out of her crib was becoming more and more prevalent, so I couldn't let anymore time go by without me upgrading her room. My theme for her room was LOVE. Every morning when she wakes up, I want her to be surrounded not only by the word, but to visually see the people who love her the most; her parents.  Her room was already painted, so it made it a little easier. I had my eye on her blinged out furniture set for months, and couldn't wait to purchase it. I incorporated most of the things from her nursery, with a few additions.  I wanted to personalize her space as it not only keep the space distinctive, but also helps with her learning her name.  

Just because you have kids doesn't mean you have to give up your design.  This is one of the biggest misconceptions not only in fashion, but interior design as well.  I never understood why people feel that having kids suddenly becomes an excuse to let your inner style go. Nevertheless, for me creating a space that's fun and where my children can be energized is important to me, which is why I go the extra mile.  It's really simple to have a space that's both sophisticated and sippy-cup friendly.  By changing a few things around, and adding a few details to the room, it can create a cheerful and nurtured feel for your child. Be sure to use lots of color, scents, and cool accessories for a more inviting and fulfilled oasis.  

 












Bedroom Set: Underpriced Furniture | Picture Frames: Ross | Paintings: Marshalls 


7 comments: