Follow Me:

Thursday, June 25, 2015

WHITE

How many of us stay far away from white as possible? This has been my story for years. Being plus size all my life, I spent so much time trying to conceal my rolls and fat underneath this beautiful color called "black." Why? Duh, naturally it makes you look slimmer. I have been a lover of black for some time now. After losing over 65lbs (ssshhhhhh), I have found a greater appreciation for white clothing. I recently did a photo shoot with an amazing photographer who too has lost over 65lbs.  This shoot was so special to me because we not only share the same story, but it shows how confident I've become with my body over the past year. It depicts me embracing a color that I once feared.

After having my daughter Marlei in December of 2013, my main focus was her. Like most woman, after having kids, you no longer think about yourself, and quite frankly to damn exhausted to worry about your appearance. Now, let’s not get this twisted, I was still fashionable when I went out, it was just hard finding clothes that fit or that looked good on me, so I found myself staying home most of the time.  My daughter is now 18 months and I'm BACK!! I've grown so much in the past year. I've become more comfortable with my body and the skin that I live in each and every day. To even be seen in all white still makes me chuckle, because I seriously feared white like people fear dogs or heights. By the way, my name is Latoya. I'm new to this blogging thing. I decided to create a blog to express myself as not only being "Plus Size" in America, but being a "Woman" in America.  This blog will depict our struggles, our fears, what to wear, and what not to wear, our highs, and our lows. Women who have kicked adversity in the face, and remain steadfast on this journey we call life. Whether it’s through fashion, mentoring, nurturing, etc., women who have remain true to themselves and never lost their spirit.



Dress: PinkClove | Shoes: Urbanog

Photography By: Richard Woumn

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR



4 comments:

  1. You looking AMAZING!!!! You know this post hit home. I'm still struggling with finding a balance but it good to know that eventually everything's will balance itself out. After viewing this photo shoot no more black! Love you and congrats on becoming a healthier you. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT cuz!! SheThoro will be a regular stop for me! I love it..

    ReplyDelete