Follow Me:

Friday, September 18, 2015

BOOTCAMP

As I prepare to leave out of my twenties in less than a year, I'm continuously challenging myself.  I have a long bucket list to get through and I am on a mission to check each thing off, one by one.  So far this year I was able to check three things off my bucket list. One was travel to Jamaica. The other was to go zip lining through the rain forest (which I did in Jamaica).  Starting a blog was at the top of my bucket list.  With so many ideas and thoughts I have daily, I wanted a place to channel those thoughts but also inspire others in the process.  So I'm proud to say that I'm on the right track to bring my thirty years of living in with a BANG!!

My bucket list consist of an array of things; from wild and crazy like skydiving to learning how to ride a motorcycle, to other things like run a marathon and join a boot camp.  Yes a BOOT CAMP! I decided to join a 6 week boot camp to challenge me to not just loose more weight but to tone. I had been going to this particular gym on and off. I would go there for some of their fitness classes and fell in love with the place.  I knew they offered a boot camp, but never wanted to spend the money for it ($250). After losing 59lbs, I stayed very consistent with my workouts on my own as I would walk Stone Mountain Park, run at a park near my home a few times a week and go to Planet Fitness.  For four months however, I wasn't really loosing, just simply maintaining.  My mid area was becoming saggier and I was eating fast food at least four times a week (bad I know).  My weight fluctuated from 225lbs to 219lbs (my lowest weight) for four months. One day I got on the scale and realized how ridiculous that was because I was working out consistently but only to gain and loose 6lbs.  And then I had REVELATION......

One day I decided to stop being so complacent and do better. I realize how close I was getting to thirty and how I haven't weighed less then 200lbs since my tenth grade year in high school and wanted to change that. So I ask a friend to join a boot camp with me, and we joined Taddas Fitness Camp.  Now, let's be clear, this not just a boot camp, but THE BOOT CAMP! Owned and operated by my Soror Tasha "Tadda" Lewis, Taddas Fitness Camp is definitely intense. I will blog about Latasha in the next few weeks during my entrepreneur spotlight. But for the next 6 weeks, I want you to follow my journey as I work hard to get into the hundred pound club.  What is the hundred pound club you may be wondering?  That is me loosing thirty pounds (get it) and weighing under 200lbs.  I will share my ups and downs with you and promise to be as real as possible. I will be sprinting, straining, and jumping at maximum capacity.  Loosing 30lbs will put me at 195lbs. How cool will that be!

Essentially, I strive to be a better me.  I've always been overly ambitious, but the older I get and more mature I become, challenging myself mentally and physically becomes more and more imperative.  So, let's do this together. It truly doesn't matter what age you are or how big or small you may be, it should always be that part of you that wants to be better.  So let's PUSH ourselves. For you it may not be joining a boot camp or losing weight, but maybe being your own boss one day or writing a book. Whatever it is, lets do it together. Let's encourage each other to become better as people and live a more productive life.  Check out my stats and watch me decrease these numbers by the end of these 6 weeks. Be sure to post your updates on whatever you are accomplishing underneath this post, as we begin to transform our lives.

My Stats:

Weighing in at 225 (as of 9/14/15)

Body Fat % 40

Right Arm 14.25

Waist 38

Hips 45

Right Thigh 28

 






4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. I'm going to create a live it list to accomplish efore 45, currently 43. This gs really can creep up on you, and I don't want to waste any more time. Thanks for allowing God to use you to put the into my spirit. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorna that means so much baby. Thanks for always being so encouraging. Love always

      Delete