Follow Me:

Monday, June 29, 2015

DENIM

I have to be honest, denim is not generally the first thing I pick out in my closet. Give me a black pair of leggings though and I will create a fashion miracle.  I think my obsession with leggings supersedes that for denim because they are so comfortable and flattering on me. It also gives my butt the extra lift it needs.  It use to be hard finding the perfect denim that accentuates my curves and comes all the way up on my waist without flattening my butt. Forever 21 has been the only place where I could find a nice pair of denim that actually fits. While, I like shopping there (I prefer online), it can get a little depressing traveling all the way to the back of the store to that small section that plus size women are often limited to.

I am a frequent shopper at Ross stores. I have been since college (when my dad would put $30 in my account and I would come out of Ross with an outfit, shoes and accessories). I'm frugal when it comes to certain things and love a good bargain, so Ross motto  "Dress For Less" truly lives up to its meaning.  One good thing about women is we can have on a $20 outfit and pair it with a designer bag and/or shoes and make it look like a million bucks. With my new obsession with white, comes a new love for denim. I recently came across some white denim.  I only paid $12 bucks for them. Denim can be dressed up or down and that's what I love about them. I decided to pair mines with some black sandals and a white t-shirt. I usually cuff my jeans for a more trendy look. I've found myself choosing denim over leggings lately. As long as they have a little stretch in them (for us curvy girls), it makes for a more comfortable experience.  Wish me luck on some more denim finds.



Jeans: Ross | Shoes: Traffic | Shades: Ross | Purse: Aldo

Photography By: Richard Woumn

Hair By: LYLAS HAIR




1 comment: